Starts March 4th, 2017
Join us for one of multiple projects spread all over the Bay Area! Every project you will find here has been developed and led by volunteers from our church in partnership with ministries throughout our local communityFIND PROJECT
Our Serve Your City projects all take place on Saturday, April 1st 2017. Menlo Church will still have its usual scheduled Sunday services at our various campuses on Sunday April 2nd 2017. We hope you will join us in celebration.MORE INFO
Every opportunity is planned to let people know that Jesus Christ is at work in the world today, and that all are invited to a life-changing journey with him.CONTACT US
Welcome to Serve Your City 2017! Now in its 12th year, Serve Your City grew out of an event called Compassion Weekend, when Menlo Church would cancel its weekend worship services and instead go out to serve alongside our neighbors. This year we will NOT be canceling Sunday service and will focus our service on one day, Saturday, April 1st.
We are happy to announce that April 1st is not be your only opportunity to serve this year. We will have more Serve Your City days in July and November. Our desire is to serve in more meaningful ways throughout the year because our partners’ needs extend beyond one day.
Over the past 12 years,
- Almost 150,000 volunteer hours have contributed to the welfare and support of our communities and the world.
- Thousands of refugee kits have been built.
- Thousands of meal kits have been sent to areas experiencing natural disasters
- Tens of thousands of meals have been served to those in need.
- Thousands of Bay Area students and hundreds of teachers have received upgraded classrooms and libraries.
- 200 homes for lower income, first time homeowners have been completed in the Bay Area.
- 54,000 AIDS caregiver kits and backpacks were completed, serving more than 2,300,000 people in Africa and Haiti.
Wherever you are in your faith journey, whether part of Menlo Church, another congregation, or no church at all, we are glad that you are considering joining in this movement to see the Bay Area flourish—especially for the sake of those who are most vulnerable to poverty, hunger, homelessness, isolation, lack of education, and other challenges.
We look forward to serving together during Serve Your City on Saturday, April 1st followed by a morning of worship and celebration on Sunday, April 2nd during regular services at all of our five campuses.